AntiPretty is a fun, dark, alternative modeling site. We publish only galleries of alternative models or art styles. We like Photoshop and take on a lot of art projects to make our beautiful and strange girls/guys even more beautiful and strange.
What if I Want to Model?
You can. That’s the short answer. We’re working on providing a network for models, photographers, makeup artists and more to collaborate, meet and network to make more pictures and art. You’re getting in at the ground level. We have created a Modeling Network to make the site infinitely more powerful, we will also then provide a premium section for people to put their money where their mouse is, and really advertise themselves to the people they need to reach. By signing up now you’re getting to explore the site, and get in while the getting is good. We will never delete anyone and FREE will continue to be an option. So screw around, check out the site, upload a gallery, connect with some people and keep an eye out for the site to expand and/or explode soon, where you can be proud you were among the first wave of AntiPretty users.
If you’re currently already modeling and would like to be published or featured, read on for more information below!
What is Alternative Modeling?
Alternative modeling is a branch of the modeling industry that features models who do not conform to mainstream ideals of beauty. Alternative models are often niche-specific, with a personal style that represents subcultures like goth, burlesque, latex and fetishism. An alternative model may for example be tattooed, pierced, or have distinctively sub-cultural hair (shaved, dyed a distinctively unnatural color, mohawk, or in dreadlocks).
Alternative modeling can be clothed or unclothed.
Alternative modeling was given substantial mainstream media coverage in the last decade, partly through the creation and popularization of community-based alternative modeling sites, like GodsGirls, SuicideGirls and AntiPretty. Alternative modeling community sites promoted their models for their personality as well as for their looks and portfolio.
That’s Me! I’m Weird & Sexy! What do I do now?
Well we’re not one to tell you how to live your life, but here’s some suggestions on steps if you’re just starting out in the alt.modeling world.
- Create a Profile: Sign up for the site, create a profile and fill it out. This will help you connect with like-minded individuals, photographers, makeup artists and will make life easier.
- Fill out your Profile: A profile isn’t much without content, we urge you to fill out your information, add photos and your hobbies & personality. If you think something is missing from our profiles let us know and we’ll fix it, we’re cool like that.
- Submit a Modeling Application: We have easy forms on here for:
- Communicate: Reach out through our site and meet Models, Photographers, Make-Up Artists and Fans!
- Browse the Site: Check out our Shoots, See who’s recently been crowned Miss Antipretty, Read our Blog for news and ideas!
What sets us apart from sites like Suicide Girls etc. Is that we not only like the alternative personality and body types but we make every model an art project and don’t shy away from alternative methods. With a rocking – anything goes – type attitude we’re a little more open-minded and open-ended, we’ll do a photo-shoot and turn your masterpiece photos into posters, clothes, portfolios whatever. Rather than just a place to dump your static photos we go a step further.
Some sites, have become so enamored with JUST tattooed or JUST pierced guys/girls that a ton of people out there with awesome and unique beauty never get seen because they don’t have enough ink to be a rebel. Screw that, we look for beauty and the strange just about everywhere.
Can I be AntiPretty?
Ever wanted to do a photo-shoot but worried that you don’t have the “look” or height or body of a model? Fear no more, we find women (and men) who aren’t your average model types. Tattoos and piercings are fine but not required. We just want people that look unique for our own unique projects. Every shoot will create a portfolio and several Photoshop projects to be turned into promotional or fun stuff of your choice.
We’re not a glossy high-end photographer hut, we get down and dirty with a variety of cameras in very unique settings and shoots.
Where are You?
We’re currently based in Northern California (Bay Area) However we will take submissions for shoots from models (along with permission/credits) for beautiful people from around the world to be in our “Featured” section. So if you’re not in our area (and we WILL be expanding) Don’t lose hope, just submit a shoot or enter our monthly “Featured Model” contest
- Please fill out our modeling form ( here ) to Schedule a Shoot or Submit a Theme
- Or just drop us a line for more info ( @AntiPretty.com )
- If you’d like to show that you love us, be our fan on ( FACEBOOK )
- Thanks for Visiting Antipretty, enjoy the pics and let us know how we can improve.
– Adam Aragon ( Owner/Photographer – AntiPretty.com )